Commissioning an original painting is the most fulfilling parts of my work. Whether it's a painting of family member, loved one, pets or place I enjoy the surprise and challenge of creating original artwork.
I also accept commissions of Calligraphy writting on certificates, wedding invitations, table plans, etc. Please contact me for more information.
I am always happy to take on any subject matter and commissions can be requested in any of the following mediums:
|Watercolour||Painting in pigments suspended in water and a binder such as gum arabic. Traditionally used in a light to dark manner, using the white of the paper to determine values.|
|Gouache||Water-based paint, much like transparent watercolor but made in opaque form. Traditionally used in illustration.|
|Acrylic||Paint made from pigments and a synthetic plastic binder, water-soluble when wet, insoluble when dry.|
|Oil||Painting in oil colours, a medium consisting of pigments suspended in drying oils. Oil paint enables both fusion of tones and crisp effects and is unsurpassed for textural variation.|
Requesting a Commission
1. Please contact me by telephone or my contact form to discuss your requirements.
2. I will provide you with an estimate cost of the finished painting. Costs vary depending on size, medium and framing requirements.
3. You may supply me with Photographs (copyright clearance needed). The photos are used for information only.
- Where required, I am happy to take my own photographs of the subject.
- Paintings are composed from my thoughts and experiences with mood and atmosphere in mind.
- Paintings are not simply copies of photographs.
- I am able to capture a better likeness if I have several photos of the same subject to work with.
- All photographs recieved will be safely returned.
4. Once I have completed the finished painting you are invited to view the commission.
5. The sale of the finished painting will only take place if you are truly satisfied.
- It is in my best interests that I fulfil the expectations of all my clients with the work they have commissioned me to paint.
Examples of different mediums:
To see more examples of my work, please visit my Gallery page.